Protein is the single most important nutrient when it comes to feeling satisfied with your meals while maintaining a weight loss effort. Protein-rich foods have countless health benefits and are usually perceived as catalysts for building lean muscle mass.
In a combination with regular exercise, protein can help you build the body of your dreams. Therefore, when designing a weight-loss meal plan, you should always focus on increasing your protein intake.
Here are 25 high protein foods that make you lose weight faster:
- Boiled potatoes are a great weight-loss food full of nutrients and protein.
- Nuts can be an excellent addition to any weight-loss regimen, as they are rich in protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
- Oatmeal is rich in protein and is incredible in regulating the weight, as it increases satiety, and promotes digestion.
- Chili peppers are excellent tributes to a protein-heavy meal, also they help to reduce the overall fat levels in the body, especially in the abdomen.
- Broccoli is extremely low in calories, therefore it acts as a stellar weight loss agent at your plate. Additionally, a single stalk contains more than 4gr of protein.
- Cranberries are abundant in antioxidants and rich in ursolic acid which, decreases obesity, glucose intolerance, and fatty liver disease.
- Grape nuts although cereal are rich in fiber, minerals, whole grains, and protein.
- Leafy greens are a ‘must’ addition to your meal, as they are full of protein and fiber, as well as vitamins and minerals.
- Cottage cheese promotes the fat burning process and contains about 25 grams of protein in only one cup.
- Dried apricots contain 3.5 grams of protein per one serving. Plus, they are rich in fiber, which helps reduce excess body fat.
- Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cauliflower are all rich in protein and fiber.
- Avocados aside from being delicious, they’re abundant in protein and low in sugars, so they simply are a superfood.
- Chia seeds have 16.5 grams of protein per 100 grams. Moreover, they contain high amounts of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, which also makes them a real superfood.
- Fatty fish like salmon or mackerel are extremely rich in protein, also they are excellent for losing weight.
- All Fruits are sources of many essential nutrients, which help the process of weight loss. However, dates, raisins, guava, and prunes are the highest in protein.
- Grapefruits offer 3 grams of protein in one cup, also, they’re packed with important nutrients that help weight loss.
- Quinoa offers an unbelievable 14 grams of protein per serving, plus it is one of the best weight loss foods.
- Cucumbers offer proper hydration, which is excellent for weight loss. Cucumbers can also be a good source of protein.
- Lean beef is a great source of protein and other healthy nutrients. Also, it prevents the risks of serious health conditions.
- Eggs are highly nutritious, promote satiety, and aid in weight loss. Also, they’re considered as one of the richest protein sources.
- Seaweed is one of the best dietary foods which helps to activate the metabolism, also has high protein content.
- Yogurt prevents weight gain since it is high in iodine. Plus, it helps digestion and improves gut health.
- Coconut beside the decent amount of protein contains a whopping amount of dietary fiber.
- Beans and legumes are great sources of protein and fiber. As such, they are able to suppress an unhealthy appetite and create a feeling of satiety.
- Mushrooms help to control blood sugar levels, balance hormones and help with weight loss.